The CTR-Test® is Applicable to Solid Tumors and Malignant Effusion
The area of application encompasses the following cancer diseases:
- All types of solid tumors
- Solid tumors are those kinds of cancer which originate in different organs. The most frequently tested types of cancer are breast cancer, cervical cancer, colorectal cancer, ovarian cancer, sarcoma and skin cancer.
- Malignant effusion including ascites and pleural effusion
The CTR-Test® is Mostly Used when no Clear Treatment Regimen can be Recommended
This applies to the following cases:
- Several chemotherapeutic agents are equally suitable for treating a certain type of cancer (according to guidelines).
- Recurrent tumors, when there are no guidelines available.
- Origin of the tumor is unknown.
- Rare tumor types, for which no guidelines exist.
The CTR-Test® Diagnostic Supports Finding the Treatment Strategy
The primary treatment goal of a malignant type of cancer is to surgically remove the tumor, provided that this is possible. An adjuvant therapy after the surgery is necessary on many occasions. This is supposed to prevent relapses by killing tumor cells which have already entered the lymphatics or the bloodstream and spread over the whole body. Therapy might consist of chemotherapeutic agents, targeted drugs, immunotherapy or radiotherapy as well as a combination of those depending on the disease.
The decision in favor of certain chemotherapeutic agents is based on a variety of aspects. The first things to take into consideration are guidelines, phase-III-study results and admission regulations for a specific chemotherapeutic agent. These depend on the type and location of the tumor, degree of metastasis, number of prior treatments and staging of the patients. Preferences of the individual patient (age, condition and side effects of prior therapies) are also included in the decision.
After taking these factors into account, the CTR-Test® is able to identify unsuitable therapies because it uncovers drugs to which the tumor is probably resistant. The decision in favor of a certain chemotherapeutic agent can therefore be influenced by the CTR-Test®.